Registered participants who raise $100 or more will receive a limited edition iWalk for Animals t-shirt. Registered participants who raise $500 or more will be entered into a drawing for two United Airlines tickets to Hawaii! (Restrictions apply. See our prize page for more information.)
Start reaching your fundraising goal today! Here are a few tips to reach your goal quickly:
- Put your money where your mouth/snout/beak is by making your own personal donation toward your goal.
- Send a message to your email contacts with a link to your personal iWalk fundraising page. You can use the Houston SPCA’s template letter or customize your own message. This is an easy way to raise at least $100! Ask 10 friends to give $10 each, and the t-shirt is yours! Keep going, and raise $500 to be entered into the drawing for two United Airlines tickets to Hawaii.
- Like us on Facebook and then get the word out to your Facebook friends. A social media badge to promote the event is available on our News page.
- Be sure to ask your veterinarian and grooming/boarding establishment for a donation!
- Invite your friends and neighbors to a pet-walking block party on your street or in your neighborhood. Serve special treats for your special pets.
- Football fans, catch your favorite football team, and then hit the streets with your buddies to walk off all that football food! In Houston, we will be watching our team take on Chicago. Anybody in Illinois up for a friendly iWalk challenge?
- Office party! Meet your co-workers (and their significant others/pets) at the office on Sunday evening, but don’t work! Walk together and celebrate your team’s success!
- Host an Adoption Party for your friends who have adopted pets at the Houston SPCA or another animal shelter.
- Meet your friends and their pups at a local dog park to take a stroll and celebrate your fundraising success.
- Celebrate your iWalk success by adding a member to your family! Choose the adoption option and open your heart and home to a cat, dog or other animal in need… and encourage your walk teammates to do the same!